OPERA BY CHILDREN WORKSHOPS & REGISTRATION
OPERA BY CHILDREN WORKSHOPS
Opera by Children (OBC) workshops, as well as the implementation processes and performances, are FREE of cost to schools, and teachers. Participating in the program also provides relicensure points (and/or credit once completing an opera with the class) in professional development from USBE.
- Participation in OBC requires a full day of creating an original opera and unpacking the process to reveal the core curriculum and fine art curriculum accomplished in this group collaboration process. We teach tools for ease of application of the OBC process and create a plan for our three professional mentors in the genres of Drama, Art and Music to work alongside trained new OBC teachers at the beginnings of each important step in the process within the classroom.
- We also have a Painting Ginormous section that is fun for any teacher interested in providing a larger than life painting experience. This truly allows an OBC trained teacher the ability to understand what is happening and to work side by side with our art mentor while visiting the classroom.
Our organization home is in Logan, Utah and we have the opportunity to branch out from here to service the entire state. To ensure we are able to train teachers anywhere in the state to participate we set workshops in different locations making it more accessible.
Our currently established workshops are:
- Friday, September 11th, 4-7pm, Art Workshop (PDF), at Alpine Elementary, 400 East 300 North, Alpine, UT 84004
- Saturday, September 12th, 8:30am-5pm, Full Opera by Children Teacher Training (PDF), at Alpine Elementary, 400 East 300 North, Alpine, UT 84004
- Friday, September 18th, 4-7pm, Art Workshop (PDF), at UFOMT, 59 S 100 W Logan, UT
- Saturday, September 19th, 8:30am-5pm, Full Opera by Children Teacher Training (PDF), at UFOMT, 59 S 100 W Logan, UT
Virtual Workshop BROADCAST or Access TBA
To register click here: Opera by Children Workshop / Songwriter Registration
Order Gift Certificate